Friday, December 4, 2009

MISO Project Part 2

Hello,

Hmm.. Just curious if I am the only one who does this, but when I buy MISO Paste I usually get a different type of MISO paste than what I already have on hand. I like to keep 2 different types of MISO in our fridge at all times. Making MISO soup with 2 different types of MISO paste gives your MISO soup a more UMAMI flavor.

Currently, I have sweet White Miso and a mixed MISO.

Sweet white MISO is also called "SAIKYO-MISO" in Japanese, it's the preferred flavor in the KYOTO area. This type of MISO is a much sweeter taste than most other types of MISO ( Various types of MISO contain about 12-14% of sodium. However, this WHITE MISO contains only about 5-6% sodium ).

So, this type of MISO is very easy to use for dressing or dipping sauce.

Below is a photo of a dish I made, which is a "Japanese Style Ceaser Salad Dressing"



With the dressing I mixed sweet WHITE MISO, White Sesame paste, and soup stock, grated fresh garlic, and grated Parmesan Cheese together. And I tossed with some fresh Lomain Lettuce, Arugula, and grilled Cornish Hen from last nights dinner.


A fresh simple salad ready in just a few minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment